Console KB+Mouse

shafto

FFF Member
Ello chaps!

Sorry to intrude in your console area, I just have a quick question:

Apparentlyyou can now get a reliable keyboard and mouse translator for PC and Xbox One, called the XIM4. My question is, has anyone tried it and if so what's your feedback?
http://www.adzdistribution.co.uk/xim4-198-p.asp
Cheers,
Shaft.

RobinHood

Clan Admin
FFF Member
Real Name
Alex
I've heard of another one called Venom-X too

illUminuSS

Clan Admin
FFF Member
Shafto, i know for a fact it works pretty good.
The only question is, if it is allowed to play with kb and mouse... If it is i might buy a xbox myself too.

Thing is for the consoles there are so many different controllers wich are allready modified compared to the default ones. Scuff controlers are the most famous ones. They allow the use of paddles (up to 4) on the back so you don't have to take your thumb off the sticks to jump or throw nades. This gives you an advantage over the players that play with a default one.
Those controllers are allowed on even the e-sport competitions and the X-games.

So if you would think the keyboard and mouse are actually just another "controller" in a different format.... one should think it is allowed too.
But i'm still waiting on an official statement that they can be used...

RobinHood

Clan Admin
FFF Member
Real Name
Alex
If these end up working well I may entertain getting one too.

I'm finally living somewhere where I sit infront of the TV more regularly and it would be nice to be able to utilise my new 49" 4K TV for gaming :D

Really not keen on controllers though

OP
OP
shafto

shafto

FFF Member
Well due to the fact that the xim4 essentially appears to the console as a controller, it's unlikely that you'll see Sony or Microsoft even acknowledge it's existence because they won't be able to firmware patch it out even if they don't like it.

Think I've decided to get an xbone so if anyone sees a good deal please let me know!

Shafto.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom