New Feature Site Tweaks & Updates

RobinHood

Clan Admin
FFF Member
Real Name
Alex
I've carried out a few more site tweaks the last week:

1. The forums have been consolidated slightly to make them easier to navigate.

2. There's a new birthday's box on the home page which will appear automatically below the coutdown timer when it's someone's birthday. During the import to the new site everyone's DOB was reset so please check it in your profile, if it's says you were born in 2001 then PM me with your correct DOB.

biday.PNG

3. There is a new chatbox that spans more of the page to make it easier to use. It allows you to pick the colour of your chat box font using the picker on the right. Don't forget you can quickly and easily share links and pictures through the textbox if you don't want to make a new thread.

4. Obviously the Christmas decoration :D

More stuff is in the works and I hope to work on them over the next couple of weeks :)

CannonFodder

"War, never been so much fun.."
FFF Member
Real Name
Simon Butler
Steam ID
simon30252
Great work Rob, looks great, makes more sense having the chat box at the top so its the first thing you see

OP
OP
RobinHood

RobinHood

Clan Admin
FFF Member
Real Name
Alex
Cheers, jaja, I figured the chatbox should be a bit more prominent.

You can also link your your account to facebook and twitter now too. So you can set it up so that when you update your status or create a new thread on here it will create a notification on your fb wall or tweet about it.

It's not ideal at the moment, as you have to turn it on or off completely for all your status updates or all your new threads.

But in a future version there will be a checkbox option to choose at the moment you create the status update or thread whether you want to cross posts it to fb or twitter :)

You can have a play around with it by choosing the social connect option in your profile menu.

Capture.PNG

God UK

Clan Admin
FFF Member
Real Name
Mark Dyer
Steam ID
god92uk
Origin ID
God92UK
the thread i posted on the forum got posted to facebook then twitter, then my twitter posted it to facebook again :( lol.

its all good work though mate :)

OP
OP
RobinHood

RobinHood

Clan Admin
FFF Member
Real Name
Alex
lol, doh! I'll pass the feedback onto the dev!

What do you mean by your twitter posted it to facebook again?

God UK

Clan Admin
FFF Member
Real Name
Mark Dyer
Steam ID
god92uk
Origin ID
God92UK
i think I've got them linked somehow, so if i post anything to twitter, then it posts it to facebook.
I'm guessing its not a common thing...

OP
OP
RobinHood

RobinHood

Clan Admin
FFF Member
Real Name
Alex
Ahh right, so no issues with double posting as a result of this social connect on here?

God UK

Clan Admin
FFF Member
Real Name
Mark Dyer
Steam ID
god92uk
Origin ID
God92UK
nope, twas my fault :p

OP
OP
RobinHood

RobinHood

Clan Admin
FFF Member
Real Name
Alex
Another new feature - 'Back to Top' button

Once you scroll down the page a bit a 'Back to Top' button will appear on the right side of the screen. One click should scroll you back up to the top!

backtotop.png

God UK

Clan Admin
FFF Member
Real Name
Mark Dyer
Steam ID
god92uk
Origin ID
God92UK
Look its me :D

OP
OP
RobinHood

RobinHood

Clan Admin
FFF Member
Real Name
Alex
Today I made the home page (ever so slightly) responsive so that the recent threads list is now legible on mobile devices.

When on a small screen it should now hide the status update and recent media blocks.

Before:

2013-01-17 19.22.42.png

After:

2013-01-17 19.22.04 2.png

FFFtrientje

FFF Member
Inactive
Steam ID
trientje
I really like the last update. At least now I can see what's on the forums when I'm working without making the window big again. Thank you very much :)

OP
OP
RobinHood

RobinHood

Clan Admin
FFF Member
Real Name
Alex
I edited the thread view last night too, removed the gap between posts and tidied it up a bit so you can see more content per page resulting in less scrolling.

God UK

Clan Admin
FFF Member
Real Name
Mark Dyer
Steam ID
god92uk
Origin ID
God92UK
nice :D
can i point out the two birthday boxes on the right hand side...

OP
OP
RobinHood

RobinHood

Clan Admin
FFF Member
Real Name
Alex
Doh! Oh yeah, that's because I installed a new mod last night that I haven't configured yet and I forgot about it. I didn't realize it put an extra block on the home page.

I'm waiting for some feedback from the dev, it'll allow the site to automatically create birthday threads and/or private messages just for FFF members to make them feel loved on their birthday :D

OP
OP
RobinHood

RobinHood

Clan Admin
FFF Member
Real Name
Alex
Update to the media section:

VERSION 1.5.1 CHANGELOG

• Playlists have completely changed once again! You guys are gonna like it much better this time though!
  • Playlists now have an option while playing in order to automatically forward to the next video in the list upon completion (supported by youtube only).
  • You can now edit playlists using drag and drop of jQuery, just drag the items around into the order you want them to be.
  • Users can now view playlists from specific users, instead of just using the full playlist page.
  • A check has been put in to prevent malicious users from editing media in which they did not have permissions.
  • The secret submit-youtube link now supports playlists, in addition to user channels.
  • The secret submit-youtube link now gives you the option to automatically add media to an existing playlist.
  • Options page has been updated to work with PHP 5.4.
  • YouTube XML has been completely rewritten to the new YouTube API, this new version is required in order to use the new playlist features.
  • Added some missing phrases.
  • Added columns for last commenter info to the media table.
  • Added tables for media user preferences, media watch preferences, and media read records.
  • Added a daily cronjob for cleaning up outdated media read records.
  • Added a "watched media" page to user account control.
  • Users now have the ability to "watch" (re: subscribe) to any media, even media that they did not upload. This is pretty much exactly the same as watching a thread. They can receive alerts, and if they choose, they can have an email notification.
  • Users can set their auto-watch preferences in their preference page.
  • Users will NOT receive alerts for media they uploaded before this version until they subscribe to that media. Sorry, but this had to be done for progress...
  • BUG FIX: services that do not properly set up their meta tags will be worked around.
Version 1.5.3 CHANGELOG

• Added "custom data" options! I used to have these in the old VB4 version, but never got around to putting them back into the XF version.
  • The custom data is just extra data. You can create additional fields where users can input data about the video they are submitting.
  • Custom data settings are similar to XF's option settings. Select the type of data entry: textbox (strings), spinbox (integers), checkboxes, radial menus and select menus... Then set the parameters for that field if needed. You can even use "min", "max" and "step" for spinboxes!
  • Added a "breadcrumb" for media when looking at watched media.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom