OBS Help required

AnthraX_TV

FFF Member
Anyone of you fine Gentlemen know much about OBS, I have a issue that for the life of me is making me pull my pubes out (would pull my hair out but I have none lol) anyway it's a issue that's regarded my output fps dropping, yet on my screen I'm getting well over 100fps, but the viewer sees around 30 and it's choppy. I have literally tried everything I can think of.

Thanks in advance

Gizmor

FFF Member
Real Name
Ferdi
hey antrax,
Try using the software x264 encoder instead of Nvidia encoder if you use that at the moment, also you can try lowering the output resolution to 720p because twitch wont accept 1080 anyway unless you are a twitch partner.
In the setting you can set your frames to 60 so that would be 1280x720 with 60 frames, and then you have the bitrate i would set it on 3000 something like that.

well at least this is what i use and its working flawless.

OP
OP
AnthraX_TV

AnthraX_TV

FFF Member
Hey Giz

I use 720p mate, I do use the Nvenc encoder (not the new one has that made it worse) and I have also tried x264 to no avail, the OBS forums are about has useful has a chocolate teapot they don't reply lol, I've always used 5000 for my bitrate and never had a issue (I am affiliated though so unless that helps)

Gizmor

FFF Member
Real Name
Ferdi
only partners can output 1080 that's why i said that, i'm affiliate to.
You can also try to stream to a different twitch server, there is a tool to check which server is best for you.

Could be a old version of the tool but this one i got in my drive at the moment.

Attachments

OP
OP
AnthraX_TV

AnthraX_TV

FFF Member
Ahhh I thought so lol, It seems to worsen when my webcam is enabled, but lately it's been doing it even with the cam enabled

Gizmor

FFF Member
Real Name
Ferdi
I would set your cam also to 720 since it's a small screen nobody would notice 1080p if you got it on that setting.

But anyway i would try lowering your bitrate to 3000

RobinHood

Clan Admin
FFF Member
Real Name
Alex
How many of you guys are streaming these days?

If you want I can look into getting XenRio installed on the site. It means I can add all your streaming channels and we can see at a glance if anyoen is currently streaming.

Shifty

FFF Member
Real Name
Jamie
I could never get OBS to work and i dont have a webcam so i gave up :D

OP
OP
AnthraX_TV

AnthraX_TV

FFF Member
That would be an awesome idea @RobinHood :), I stream Giz mentioned he streams I also believe Rach will be streaming soon and I know ButtMonkey does too.

OP
OP
AnthraX_TV

AnthraX_TV

FFF Member
Hey Giz/everyone... I fixed it by running DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in safe mode, then I was faced with a new issue, so I downloaded the latest driver from the Nvidia website, but when installing It got to the part where it "searches for compatible hardware" and comes up an error (I'll post a picture for you to see)

So the way I fixed it, reboot pc let windows install their generic bullshit driver, install Nvidia Experience (not the driver just experience) and then check for latest drivers that way, which it did find drivers and installed them perfectly.

Thanks all for your help.

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom