Phone weirdness

Shifty

Real Name
Jamie
So every time i make a thread tit addsastuffaddaometimesawhen i donyd wantwit tot

Mostly its when iIdo space or fullstopf.

Allah this waswtypedwwith no errors itiwasiall addedabyaitself.

OP
OP
Shifty

Shifty

Real Name
Jamie
Ooo sorry didnt see the bit about phone and browser. It's a galaxy s7 edge using chrome

RobinHood

Clan Admin
FFF Member
Real Name
Alex
Froala is the text editor used in the latest version of XenForo, version 2, which just came out a couple of months ago.

If it works better for you then it may be a good sign I should go ahead and pull the trigger to upgrade the entire site.

It would be a pretty big overhaul as all the add ons need to be ported over, but would need to be done at some point anyway.

Most of the major add ons that we currently use have already been ported, such as discord, a chat box etc.

OP
OP
Shifty

Shifty

Real Name
Jamie
I mean don't do it on my account, itsitmore of an inconvinconve rly. Quite bizarre tho

RobinHood

Clan Admin
FFF Member
Real Name
Alex
It needs to be done at some point anyway and has been on my to do list.

How is the froala editor for you? Do you experience the same issues? Would help to know anyway so we can figure out if it's a phone issue or editor issue.

RobinHood

Clan Admin
FFF Member
Real Name
Alex
Have a play with it and type some stuff to see if it works or not, or if you get lots of extra letters added like you do in this editor

OP
OP
Shifty

Shifty

Real Name
Jamie
Had a play around on the demo page and didn't have anything pop up that shouldn't have been there

RobinHood

Clan Admin
FFF Member
Real Name
Alex
Hmm, fair pay. I guess maybe it's just this editor. I'll start making a plan for upgrading the site then so we can get onto XF 2.0

RobinHood

Clan Admin
FFF Member
Real Name
Alex
It’s quite a widespread bug with Chrome affecting rich text editors on websites all over the place.

You can try a different browser, or just turn off the rich text editor in your user account preferences for now

813B7D69-3AF3-47F6-BF90-1AAD0696C92A.jpeg
A09AAC2D-320C-4242-B127-69B7C7F0FB40.jpeg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom