OP
OP
RobinHood

RobinHood

Clan Admin
FFF Member
Real Name
Alex
lol, yeah, did you see in the video above where they splooged it all over the PCB?

[FFF]Skellen

Clan Admin
FFF Member
Real Name
Mos or Pete will do just fine...
Steam ID
->FFF<-Sk3ll3n
Origin ID
RockNrolla1975
I prefer some Arctic silver 5 or even some Arctic silver ceramique.
That looks a bit dangerous for my liking however forward thinking ( is it mercury based just out of interest ) ....

OP
OP
RobinHood

RobinHood

Clan Admin
FFF Member
Real Name
Alex
I'd be very surprised if it has mercury, I imagine that would be illegal.

Just googled out of curiosity and the stuff OcUK stocks is non toxic

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/coollaboratory-liquid-pro-liquid-metal-thermal-paste-th-005-cl.html

LIQUID PRO LIQUID METAL THERMAL PASTE
Coollaboratory Liquid Pro is the first heat conducting medium, which is worthy of its name. It is the first heat conduction paste that consists of 100% liquid metal alloy. It is liquid at room temperature (like mercury), but it is absolutly nontoxic and has a high moistening ability for several materials. The Coollaboratory Liquid Pro is especially recommend for nickel-plated copper.

Coollaboratory Liquid Pro contain no non-metallic additives (like silicone, oxides etc.) at all. It also does not contain any solid particles. Due to these properties, Coollaboratory Liquid Pro surpasses the best high performance heat conducting pastes by a multiple.

OP
OP
RobinHood

RobinHood

Clan Admin
FFF Member
Real Name
Alex
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/thermal-grizzly-conductonaut-liquid-metal-thermal-paste-1g-th-021-tg.html

PRODUCT INFORMATION:
CONDUCTONAUT LIQUID METAL THERMAL PASTE - 1G
Our Conductonaut liquid metal thermal compound is designed for applications that require very high efficiency. Conductonaut is recommended for experienced users who are looking for a top performance product with best heat dissipation where temperature ranges are above 8 °C.

Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut is a liquid metal thermal compound based on a eutectic alloy. Our special mixture of metals like tin, gallium and indium, Conductonaut excels with a very high thermal conductivity and excellent long-term stability.

- Ultra high thermal conductivity
- Increased indium content
- Easy application with synthetic needle

Specification:
- Thermal Conductivity: 73 W/mk
- Viscosity: 0,0021 Pas
- Density: 6,24g/cm3
- Temperature : 10 °C / +140 °C
- Content: 1g

AnthraXFPS

FFF Member
I wonder if there's anyway you can remove the Liquid Metal after it's been on your cpu? probably could with a soldiering iron but then you run the risk of de-soldering your CPU (if its AMD the risk would be higher)

I'm with Skellen, I use Artic Silver 5 in all the builds I do including my own along side the thermal cleaning solution from Artic Silver

OP
OP
RobinHood

RobinHood

Clan Admin
FFF Member
Real Name
Alex
I'm half tempted to give it a go on my Macbook Pro, which is my daily driver now.

It's 5 years old, so out of warranty, but still runs great. It just had a new battery and screen fitted by Apple last month, so feels like a new laptop.

The only thing is it can get hot when I connect it to an ultrawide monitor or dual external monitors, it's also one of the last few Macbooks that you can actually take apart. The new ones are pretty much impossible to tear down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom